I have not mentioned it in my blog, but I went back to work 2 days a week starting in October. The insane catch: I am working 2 days a week in College Station, Texas. My mom is keeping the girls and I am doing some case management and counseling. It feels great to be working with clients again, and I really love the people that I work with. The downside, is of course the drive and being away from Annalee and Caroline two days a week. The upside, is getting to see my parents so often and getting to piggy back on some of their A&M activities.
A couple of weeks ago, Blake and I happened to be in town when my parent's hosted a dinner for the A&M quarterback. He was so nice and gracious. He participated in the dinner in support of an Aggie fundraiser and was joined by another couple from the class of 1972. It was a really fun dinner to eves drop on and the food was also delicious!

One of the neat things about visiting my parents is that they live on the Texas A&M campus. I remember walking by the white house as a student and always wondering what it was like on the inside. It is really special to see all of my parent's things set up inside the historic home.

Annalee LOVES a party. That is one of the reasons she loves to visit Mittie and Pop. Their house is NEVER quiet. Student are constantly coming in and out for meetings and gatherings. She loves all the action!!


Mom made a yummy dinner that night. She worked really hard on it.. I was glad to be assigned to the clean up crew!

During the dinner, Blake and I took Annalee and Caroline up to take a bubble bath and hang out in Mittie and Pop's room. They were really good, and for the most part, were quiet.


Jerrod was kind enough to sign a football for a mother's club auction.

Jerrod is a great guy. I was really glad to have had the special opportunity to meet him. A&M should be very proud of this athlete...I believe he will go forward and make an amazing impact on the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment