background

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Pickin

I must start out the post with a sincere apology. This post contains A TON of pictures from today. I have a couple of excuses. I have these two friends who happen to be incredibly talented sisters. They both blog. So...if you don't follow them...click off my blog and read the following two: www.lovingwings.blogspot.com and www.keelymariescott.com. You won't be sorry.

So these two girls are AMAZING photographers. I have a photo crush on both of them. Unfortunately their future children will have a much cooler, prettier and more creative baby books than mine. Sorry Annalee. Sorry Caroline. So...here is my try at doing better at photography. If Keely and Kelsey read this...I only want compliments. I am far too delicate right now for any constructive criticism. And...I already know that I went too crazy with the edit buttons!

So...the pumpkin patch at Sweetberry Farms. I love this place. This is our second year to go with our family in Round Rock. Maybe next year will be different. The parents are STILL having more fun than the kids. I have been told that someday this will reverse at places like The Pumpkin Patch.
This is what Caroline did almost the whole time. Sister...I promise next year will be better.

At first Annalee hated the pumpkins. She left the patch with a slight move to moderate dislike. I think she was confused as to why her parents wanted her to hug them so bad and why her mother expected her to smile when she was plopped on such large, orange, hard, produce. Again...I am banking on next year's pumpkin photos! Watch out!

Someday she is going to ask why her tights clashed with her top. I won't have an answer.
But I LOVE HER!!! That will be my answer.
Here I am plopping her in to the large pile of pumkins.
Here she is giving the smile a big ole college try. Cute.
Here she is with her precious cousin Graham...he felt the EXACT same way she did about the pumpkins. Must be an age thing.
Me and my sister in law Shea are obsessed with these two holding hands and kissing. Someday we know this obsession will have to end. But for now...we both knock over anyone in our way who blocks this cute shot!
I can't believe no one is crying in this photo. Blake will tell you...you can usually bet on at least one female in our house crying at any given time. I admit...I have been known to shed a few...but with ALWAYS a valid excuse.
We got a lot of these. I liked them all. After Annalee asks about the tights...Caroline is going to ask about the giant bug on her chest.
It can't be covered up. GIANT BUG GO AWAY!



Annalee was born in Key West. So....we assume that she loves boats...especially when they are in the middle of a pumpkin patch. I don't really know why they had boats at the pumpkin patch, but they did and she drove them. And loved it.

Here she is coming off a sharp turn through the fence.
Shut up Keely and Kelsey....I know this color is weird. Nothing I did reversed it. Photo ruined forever.

The goats had better luck than the pumpkins for sure. Graham and Annalee loved them....but NO WHERE NEAR as much as their father's. Must be a gender thing.




I wish you could have seen these men's faces.
The goats were kinda crazy...


Look how proud Blake is...she can do no wrong when it comes to hanging out with goats.
She is attempting to kiss the goat in this photo. She kisses everything without question. Except for me and Blake. We have to BEG for a kiss like this goat got.
Moments like this with my daughters made days like this perfect.


Caroline's BIG moment. She road with us on the hay ride...in fact...sat right behind the tractor's exhaust pipe. I don't think any real harm was done.


I'm real proud of her in this photo because she did not make a peep during the whole hay ride...what a trooper.

Annalee sat with her aunt and uncle...and LOVED being the only little girl in their laps.

I made Brad hold Caroline. I think he loved it...but then the ride got a little bumpy and he decided he wanted to end the day on a good note...so he passed her back. I can't blame him. He is such a sweet dad and Uncle...as all of the pictures show!
Graham sat with us some and kissed on that baby. He loves babies! We love him.

I love this picture. I am going to give Graham a copy of it some day.
Blake had to have a shot of this pig. He wants to make one next year at my parent's farm. We'll see. Might just pull the picture out and look at it again instead.
As you have probably noticed...Caroline is in between sizes and if you are a girl you know how difficult this can be. Soon...it won't be a problem for her...and then later it will be a problem again. Life is a circle.
How cute is that family! Thanks for celebrating Fall with us Shea, Brad and Graham!!!
At the patch there is this huge garden of flowers...provided some kodak moments.
I almost knocked Blake over for this shot...thankfully he had a good hold on Caroline.

She is going through a "looking like my Dad" stage. I love when my daughters are in that stage!!
HAPPY FALL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your photos of your sweet family! They don't have to be perfect... they just have to capture the memories. Keep on blogging. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete