background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Best Birthday Party Ever

Happy Birthday Sophia! This birthday party was last weekend, and I felt like adding it to the previous October post would not due it justice. It was by far the best birthday party I have ever attended. Sophia's party deserved a post all for it's own. Here's why:


Sophia with her mom Monica and Dad Mario. Great people. We have actually known them for years. The first time I met Monica she was ironing her clothes for sorority rush back when I was a freshmen. She does not look any different than she did back when I first met her. If I did not love her so much I would hate her for that!

So....you know a party is going to be great when you drive up and the line for the pony ride loops around the petting zoo. Precious children all around. Pretty much chaos. Perfect atmosphere for a 3 year old's big day.
Here Annalee is checking out the goats. Goats seem to be an October theme for our family. Blake at this point was scoping out which goat he wanted to let Annalee hold. Unfortunately I am a one woman camera or I would have snapped his face too...but hey, Annalee is the kid. She wins.
I know this girl and can read her mind. At this point she is thinking, "I'm not sure if I am ready to hold a goat."

I love the kid's digital camera in the corner of this picture.
Here's the kid since I accidentally cut him off before. He looks serious.

This is Sophia and her sister Olivia. I love watching these two. Monica does an amazing job of dressing them a like but not identical. I'm taking lots of notes.
Let me just say...we waited in that pony riding line and it was "Space Mountain line" worth it. A nice party guest offered to take pictures for us because right when we got to the front of the line Caroline had to be held and needed her pacifier held in place. Two hand job. It was urgent for her and obviously the guy could see the look of panic on my face when I was afraid I was going to miss out on capturing the Pony ride moment. Thanks nice party guest man!
I can't get enough of these pictures. I go from being obsessed with Annalee's face to being mesmerized by Blake's. How CUTE do they look with that pony!
Here is Blake pointing out me and Caroline.
I'm waving hysterically at this point.



She was so happy till...she had to pass off the pony to the next kid in line. Dropped her weight on to the ground and through a big fit. She loved that pony.
On to the next activity...pumpkin painting.


One of the best things about being a little girl is pigtails.
Annalee took this activity very seriously and her pumpkin turned out amazing. I am a little bias.
Finished product.
Well...I just thought it was finished. Thank goodness for Tide Stain Sticks. She marked up her dress a bit too.
Blake would tell you that one of his favorite parts of the party was the food. 5 corndogs and 2 cupcakes later he told me that he was going on a run later that evening so that he could still look at himself in the mirror tomorrow.
This is what a Texas hay ride looks like. We all loaded up our kids in to a trailer behind a four wheeler.
How do you not love that?
Family shot of the Fuentes family.
Here Mario puts Sophia up on the table right in front of the cake. She looked like a princess up there.


Happy Birthday SOPHIA!!


Believe it or not...the activities did not end. Pinata time.

Thank you Sophia for turning three. Thank you Fuentes family for including us in the celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment