background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with dear friends and family in Round Top, Texas. The day started out with the most beautiful meal I think I have ever had. It was so colorful! It was also extremely traditional...no funny flairs in the dressing...just the good ole stuff that we have every year.

We ate on the porch of the family's farmhouse that is across the dirt road from my parents. After the meal we loaded up to head to College Station....for a terribly unfortunate football game. I am purposely leaving all those details out!


Lots of tables were set up on the porch with simple flowers and pumpkins adorning the farm tables.

The huge porch that we ate under on the side of the house...

One day I will steal this idea. An old beverage tub turned over was the "kid's table.

Caroline arrived in her Aggie Cheer uni, ready to go!

Margaret slept through just about the whole beautiful meal.
This was the amazing dessert table. We had a Gabe's famous apple pie as the show case.

Here are all the kids. Caroline, Annalee, John Khol, and Betsy. Lots of rolls were consumed at this table!

My two girls. I sat with them for part of the time. They did great with all the "big girl" plates and flatwear.
This couple one the cutest couple award for the weekend....wow. Clint Harp and Kelsey Orr. Even more adorable in person.
Betsy helped me with Margaret towards the end of the meal. She held her and got her back to sleep.

Saturday morning Santa Clause came to the square. Annalee was not to sure of him at first. Blake and I took just her to visit with him. She was really nervous but managed to ask him for a baby doll and thanked him for her lollipop.








I love watching and hanging out with my kids at the farm. It is so different from where we live in Austin...it is really fun to watch them play and discover all things natural. Thanksgiving was amazing...despite the scoreboard.
Caroline and Julie Thanksgiving 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment