For about a year my mother and I have been hacking a little bit at Annalee's hair. Every so often people would ask, "did Annalee get a hair cut yet?" I decided it was time to retire my services and take her in for the real deal. I made both of us an appointment at my absolute favorite salon in Austin to visit Kris and Lanie at Bliss. This is my favorite salon for a couple of reasons. First of all the walls are painted with glitter paint. Can you beat that? Never. Second, I love the two gals that cut hair there. So...we made it a family affair. We all got fresh cuts. Well...except Caroline. She participated by viewing the action while strapped in to her car seat.

Here is the great Salon that is tucked in to a funky Austin neighborhood street just north of downtown.

I thought I should post a few before pictures. Annalee had a hard time cooperating. I was just glad she was smiling. I don't know what I was thinking but I made the appointment at the start of nap time. Keeps life interesting.


We started out with Blake holding Annalee and me snapping the moment.

As you can see...it did not last long before Blake and I had to switch places and the cape and shirt came off of Annalee.



I really can't believe how well Annalee did. I was so proud of her.


I was proud of Caroline too. Here she is up on the eye brow waxing table. At the rate her hair is growing...she has a few years before her first snip.

Finished product! A little shy but so cute!


Pretty girl and pretty locks! We all hung out for a while and played in the cute salon with the glitter walls. I had Annalee twirl and showed her herself in the mirror about 100 times. Then I loaded up the girls in the car and met my visiting mother in law in front of the salon. She asked if I kept her first snipped lock...I forgot all about that sweet tradition! The blog update will have to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment