background

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!!

Before you think I am too crazy...there was a good reason I drug my 20 month old and 3 month old to Las Vegas. My Grandmother Norma turned 80 this year. 80 is worthy of Vegas. Amen.


I had to get a shot of Caroline's first plane ride. She was a complete Angel. Actually both she and Annalee did beautifully. My Dad was covered in Sesame Street stickers, and Blake and I each had at least 3 cocktails on the plane. Why is the plane ride to Vegas usually one of the best parts of the trip? Thankfully my mother was under control. The fun began very early.
We met my Grandmother and Aunt Leah in the Vegas airport and all loaded up a Limo to take us to The Golden Nugget. As soon as we landed Blake and Dad's eyes began to dance. They fell in to a Vegas trance that they did not snap out of until we boarded the plane to go home.
Here Norma, Mom and Aunt Leah are loading the Limo.
THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!
This is the ceiling of The Golden Nugget. I would love for this to be on the ceiling of my living room. A little much, you say? Beautiful.
This was Caroline's position all weekend long. She went everywhere in her sling with Blake. Some of the places I was not crazy about. As you see below...at many times during the weekend, Caroline was bellied up to the bar. What happens in Vegas....
This was our first night, and Annalee and Betsy were so tired. Vegas is slightly overstimulating. I loved watching these two play together. Betsy taught Annalee so many new tricks.
Here is the picture I was cringing about earlier! Uncle Bruce, Robert, BooBoo, Blake and Caroline.
Cute cousins in the Double.
Aunt Patti and Uncle Bruce meet Caroline for the first time!
I think we were headed back to the room at this point. The girls got sooooo sleepy.
Needless to say, a lot of our time was spent in the rooms. Mom and Dad had this great room with a sectional couch. Perfect for play. Betsy taught Blake how to play Memory with Princess cards. One day Annalee will thank her for breaking him in.
Betsy is the star of this post. She was the mommy's helper all weekend. She was so sweet to Annalee and Caroline. They are very lucky to have such a loving cousin. I could not get enough shots of her loving on Caroline.
I can't wait to get these two together again...they are both changing so fast...
Sweet.
I think Anna was the star cousin. Betsy and Annalee were obsessed with their "Aunt Anna". She was the biggest help and I think had the best style Vegas had to offer.
We took the girls to the Rainforest Cafe. The fish were a hit!
Group shot before the big Birthday Dinner at Vic & Anthony. YUM.

Anna helping with Caroline at dinner. She was really good. Slight meltdown at the end, but overall good. Annalee made it through the drink order, then she and Blake headed up to the room for room service. Steakhouse must not be her thing.
Betsy and Heather. This was right before Betsy laid her head down on Heather's lap and missed out on dessert. Vegas wore us all out.
Blake hates this photo...actually begged me to delete it. But...I had to share how Caroline took her naps throughout the weekend.
Another Anna shot...this time with the Hornet.
One of my favorite times of the weekend was sitting with the family for breakfast. The previous night's events were always shared and lots of deep conversation about war, peace, and Nancy Pelosi.
Betsy has really improved her "posing for pictures" skill. I wish she would spread the love with Annalee.
The girls spent most of their time in Vegas changing their dolls, babies and cookie monster's diapers. This NEVER got old.
Another perfect pose.
So many dirty diapers!! I can relate. I can relate.

As you can tell by the dark circles and pale facial features. Annalee found it very difficult to take naps and sleep through the night in Vegas. This is why I am not pictured.
Cousins....

How adorable is that. I must get some metalic tights.
This is one of my favorite pictures on the post. I am going to have it made in to a print and put it somewhere in my house or office...I can look at it for long periods of time...and it makes smile.


Granddaughters.
I put a lot of these shots in. At least one of the girls looks camera worthy in each picture...but never in the same one. So...I just went a little download crazy.





Caroline is done.

My girls! Say goodbye to Vegas. I will never be going again with you until you are 21. So I hope you enjoyed.
Thanks Mom and Dad for the trip. And...to my Grandmother Norma. Happy 80th. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment