background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bathing Beauties

I am pretty sure I have never loved the park as much as I have loved it in November. The weather has been amazing and one of my favorite things to do after dinner is load everybody up and go on a family walk to the park. Regardless if I can make it a whole family affair, we usually hit it up once during the day. Annalee is starting to really enjoy some independence at the park and even accomplished a MAJOR milestone of going down the slide by herself. This milestone really changed my life. No longer do I don't have to squish Caroline in the body sling, prop Annalee up in my lap on top of Caroline, stuff my rear in the kiddie slide and all go down together...those days have come and gone. Thankfully, for me and my self esteem.


How much does a mother love a B-O-B? It is so wide and vast...the love simply can't be measured. The B-O-B will be my absolute last baby/kid item to go. I would not mind pushing teenagers around in this thing. Love.

The swing used to be her thing...now the slide conquers all!



I love the park.
It was moments after I found out I was pregnant for the second time that I began planning bath time in my head. I am VERY bad at bathing children. It could have something to do with the time of day that the bathing occurs. Regardless, Blake is the residential expert of bubble baths. I think of this precious 30 minutes of bath/bed time prep as my taste of daily heaven. A break. But tonight...we threw Caroline on in! Perhaps a little too early? Maybe. Annalee washed her from head to toe and pointed out each body part as she scrubbed. My break just got a little sweeter!

Actually, my break consists of eavesdropping. I love listening to Blake talk to Annalee during bath time. I love hearing her giggle with him and play, and kick and splash. Blake has been giving Annalee a bath almost every night since the first day she was home from the hospital. It has always been there time together. I realized tonight, as I eavesdropped on him with both my little girls in a tub of bubbles, that my life, at this moment in time, is darn near perfect.

2 comments:

  1. They are so sweet!! Daniel helped me with Charlie's bath for the first time today. Charlie didn't make a peep with Dad holding him! I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that post brought tears to my eyes. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete