background

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween 2010

Do I feel a family tradition brewing? This is the second year in a row that Mimi has visited us on Halloween. It is such a fun weekend...the weather was BEAUTIFUL in Austin and this was the first year Blake and I hit the streets to trick or treat with a Bumble Bee. This post was one of my favorites to make. There are several pictures that when I took them, I knew they would immediately be treasured.

Annalee and Caroline are so lucky to have gotten to meet so many of their Great Grandparents. Peggy and PaPa came with Mimi this year and stayed with us for a night. Possibly my favorite part of the weekend was watching them hold my children outside on the deck...watching PaPa dance with the girls to old music from his day and age. Thanks for the visit. I never expected the feeling of gratitude and thanksgiving I get when I watch other people love on my kids. What a gift.

Here is Caroline with Peggy. Annalee was so happy to get the Teddy Bear Vampires from her Halloween treat as well as stealing Caroline's. She is still squeezing these cute things.

This is Annalee after Mimi's Halloween treat! Thanks Mimi!!
My favorite photos from the post are that of PaPa with the girls. Whenever PaPa comes to visit he very rarely is seen without a baby in his arms. He is a baby charmer. Caroline slept to his singing and dancing and was so content in his arms. PaPa gets to visit whenever he wants!

This is Annalee reading one of my favorite books from my childhood.

He was willing to sit like this all morning...and so was she.

You get a black and white glimpse of Annalee's homemade bumble bee costume. Amazing what can be done with duct tape these days!
We all sat for a couple of hours in our PJ's and hung out while Annalee's costume got made.
I snapped this of Caroline while she napped that morning. Precious.
He has love written all over his face!!
My favorite part of this shot is the TV guide hanging out of PaPa's pocket. First of all, how cute is it that he still relies on the TV guide that comes in the Sunday paper? He brought this from home so that he would not miss any of the scheduled sporting events.
Mimi with the completed Bumble Bee Costume.


Pretty, pretty couple.

We attended a really fun Halloween party that Annalee's friends Henry and Gage hosted with some other folks. Annalee kinda bonded with Fred.
During this party...Halloween started to overwhelm me and I never recovered enough to keep taking pictures. We trick or treated with our neighbors. They blocked off the streets in our neighborhood and there were several minutes at a time that all four of us became separated. It was crazy, a bit scary and a REALLY fun night! I think Halloween with these girls is only destined to get better!

1 comment:

  1. jewels! having a blast catching up on your blog - had no idea you had made so many updates. the girls are SO cute, i can't stand it. they are the perfect combination of you and blake. loved the date night post - made me want to schedule one of our own! see you soon -

    ReplyDelete